Monday, May 22, 2006

Oh, Man!!

(sigh) Okay, this is a little discouraging. I emailed Kristin and her assistant went through the partials and confirmed that they did NOT receive my partial. (grumble) So now I have to print it off and send it again (this time I'll get delivery confirmation) and then, you guessed it; wait. I am hoping that Sara (her assistant) will put me on some kind of a short list and my partial will get a read sooner rather than later. I mean, that's only fair, right? But if not, she seems to have been really staying on top of the partials (Sara told me they are done with everything up to May 6th; that's a really good turn-around time.) So hopefully that won't be too long of a wait.

In the meantime I have completed 81,000 words in Cymbals and am feeling excited about the scene I am on. (When you get to the end of a long novel, it can be hard to keep your motivation up.) But my sibling-in-laws are out of school starting this Thursday so hopefully I can squeeze a little bit of extra babysitting out of them so I can finish my first draft in the next week to ten days.:) My big goal is to have the first draft and one good edit done before I leave for Utah on the tenth of June. (crosses fingers) It's a big goal, but I'm working on it.:)

Ciao!

No comments: