Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Have an . . . Understanding . . . I think.

Well, this agent (who I am not quite ready to say is my agent) e-mailed me yesterday and told me she LOVED the ending (her caps, not mine) and had only one very small edit. She also said she is excited to see the revisions when they're done and wants to send it out at that point.

So I think what we have is an understanding.

I think.

But she wants to send it out.:) That's good . . . right? *laugh* So I'll have revisions in in just under two weeks and she should give me a game plan.

Until I have a contract in my hot little hands I'm not going to mention who it is, but I'm willing to say she's from Writers House. (And if you think you know who it is from reading this blog, you may be surprised . . . it's a loooong story . . . that I'll post sometime soon.)

So, yeah . . . I sort of have an agent . . . sort of . . . I think.

Man, everyone else's agent stories were much more clear than this.

Not that I'm complaining.:)

Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

April Lynne,

I hope your book gets published soon. It seems like a cute story. I've only began visiting the Absolute Rutt forums recently, but found your posts interesting. Sometime, please post sample chapters of some of your other novels or WsIP, kuz they're probably good, too. and it would be interesting to know how you use your style in other fiction genres, including YA and romance. I read your first chapter of Symbiosis. Does the agent like the title? I'm only asking because sometimes agents try to change titles of books. After all, they are running the world. Yikes, that's a scary thought, since many of them are demented. Just kidding.

RS

Anonymous said...

Rock on! No big surprise here but - gosh! - how exciting. Weird that they aren't being super definitive... Nonetheless this calls for a Snoopy dance.

Coolness. I can only dream...

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Woohoo! Life is going to be exciting for you! You have worked so hard and I'm so proud of you! Go you!
Love ya!
KC

Aprilynne Pike said...

"I read your first chapter of Symbiosis. Does the agent like the title? I'm only asking because sometimes agents try to change titles of books."

Well, that's an interesting quesiton, actually. When the agent contacted me originally, there were several changes I had to explain including the edit, new contact information, another agent in the house already reviewing it, etc. The last thing I wanted to do was add another thing to explain like, oh, I also changed the name. So, for her, I changed it back to The Chain and the Sword before I sent the file.
We'll talk titles later if she wants, I guess. I don't put a lot of stick into titles because publishers tend to call it whatever the heck they want to.:)

Maprilynne