Monday, February 01, 2010

So. Tired.

So my husband is taking his bar course and is gone all the time and even when he's home he's studying (hey! It's like being in law school again!) so why am I the one sitting here at my computer totally exhausted? *slump*

Oh, and with an ear infection. Again. My right ear hates me. But I have amoxicillin, so I'm a happy girl.:D

Actually, we've been having a lot of things break on us this last six weeks. And with the exception of the ear, they have all had to be replaced. The car, my husband's glasses, the washer, the sprinkler system that the new dog dug up. Yeah. This has left me with an amazing car that I love to pieces, new glasses that Kenny is kind of meh about but getting used to, a bottle of amoxicillin that made me contemplate how great it would have been to have that stuff during the Black Plague, and a dryer that sounds like a very quiet airplane taking off (and we *think* that's the way it's supposed to sound . . . we'll see.) Oh, and an appointment with the landscape guy. Also, some massive spending shock. Makes me glad we pay our taxes as we get checks instead of the other way around. (All you writers! Pay your taxes as you get your checks!!!:D)

I got word that my editor and co-editor enjoyed the third Wings book (yay!) and will be sending me my ed letter soon (*scared*). Actually, I'm really excited because my editor is brilliant and always asks just the right questions. (You know, the ones that make you go, Duh! Why didn't I think of that?)

And then, last week, I Twittered a pic of my banana bread and a bunch of people asked for the recipe. I rather had a good time making it fit into a tweet, but for those who can't decipher my many abbreviations, here is my really easy, really good banana bread!

Pre-heat over to 350 Degrees (I always forget this part.:D)

1 Stick Butter
2 Eggs
3-4 mushy bananas
3/4 cup brown sugar (or . . .yanno, a whole cup:))
*mix*
Add:
2 Cups flour (wheat or white)
1 tsp Baking Soda
Dash salt.
*moar mix*

Pour into whatever size of loaf pans you prefer (I make one big loaf.) And bake for 60-70 minutes. (The low temp, long cook time is what keeps it really moist!) If you use smaller loaf pans, reduce your cooking time.

If you want to be fancy (and heck, I always do) then you can sprinkle brown sugar across the top of the batter and it will caramelize and be really yummy.:)

I made a double batch last time:

Ciao!

14 comments:

Kristen said...

Sorry that it has been rough for you lately. You know what they say, when it rains it pours! I hope that your ear infection resolves soon and that things start to go better for you.
That is awesome news about the third Wings book, I am sure that it will be amazing. Can't wait for "Spells"!
Thanks for the yummy banana bread recipe too :)

moonrat said...

i was ear infection girl when i was younger. i swear, they were probably using my picture on amoxicillan posters.

Tina Lynn said...

And I thought I was having a bad couple of weeks...Feel better!

mibby said...

Just spent about an hour catching up on all your blogs ...Had to allow for the time difference from down under here!! Writing my first novel, mother to 5 teens and a nurse. Find your blogs great. Keep it up!

mibby said...

I'm way down under here and have just spent about an hour catching up on all your posts (even allowing for the time difference)! You give me inspiration girl!! I'm a Mother of 5 teenagers, registered nurse and writing my 1st novel! Thanks..Keep it up!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds delish. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the rash of things that have been going wrong lately! It will get better. Thanks for the recipie, this looks so good I may have to try it today!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

rest up :) feel better.

Crystal Cook said...

Bummer about all the troubles but yay about the third Wings! I loved Wings and am so excited for Spells, also wanted to tell you that I'm a new follower of your blog but I love it and you inspire me to keep writing and not give up. By the way I think we are the same age and have the same number of kids. I never thought of the brown sugar thing, Yum!

Kari Pike said...

Oh man...ear infections are the worst. I'm sorry. Sorry to hear about the other stuff too...sigh...Wish I was down there to take the kiddies for you. I miss 'em coming to Gamaw's house!

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'm impressed that you managed to fit that recipe on a tweet!

Leigh Russell said...

I'm glad you're not replacing your ear... As for those questions, I know them well. Agent, editor, publisher - and then the readers! It's a neverending process. Still, better to receive ruthless input before publication than bad reviews after.

Tara McClendon said...

All those things would make me tired too. Thanks for the recipe. We like banana bread--especially when you can make it with ease.

Linda said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe for the banana bread. Baked 2 breads last day and they were gone in 1 day :)

Hope you'll feel better soon and that the antibiotics will work!