Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bad Blogger, No Cookie

The internet is a wonderful thing.

However, it is also a time-eating monster.

I want you all to know that I love you, you're fabulous, and I actually really do enjoy having an online presence. I want to apologize for my extended absence, and I want to apologize in advance for the extended absences you will continue to suffer. :) Because it really comes down to this: I am so busy writing books for you to read that I'm afraid writing blogs for you to read is sort of falling by the wayside.

(Besides, the blogosphere is a bit of an echo chamber anyway, where the shrillest voices tend to to overpower the most thoughtful ones... but that's a blog for a different day.)

Because there are super-convenient iPhone apps available for places like Twitter and Facebook where a once-sentence update doesn't look ridiculous (as it would here), I am actually more active on those pages, at least for the moment.

I'm NOT quitting blogging. At least not yet! ;) In fact, I have high hopes for the future. But it's been almost a month since I blogged and I figured you could all use an update. :) So here's your update!
  1. I'm done touring for Spells! It was lovely to meet so many of you. I'm sorry I didn't make it to more cities, but I love traveling and if I didn't catch you this time, I hope to meet you next time around! :)
  2. Spells enjoyed four weeks on a very tight NYT list--thank you again to all of my readers for putting it there! John Grisham and Rick Riordan are pretty heavy competition!:D
  3. I'm down to copy-edits on Book 3.
  4. I've graduated from outlining to scene writing in Book 4!It's just shy of fifty pages!
  5. It has been very busy around here.
  6. I got an iPhone 4. Eeeeeeee!!!!! (Also, thank to my hubby who found it for me.:D)
So that's me in a nutshell. How about you guys? :)

Ciao!

17 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I've just finished first-round edits, am working on my author questionnaire and am in the process of moving from LA to NM...July will be busy!

Josin L. McQuein said...

Sounds like you're (happily) busy. Congrats on the 4 weeks, but don't discount the possibility of it bouncing back up the charts, either. You may end up with a few more weeks to your total.

Don't forget to carve out time to breathe in between all the rest of it. ;-P

Mundie Moms said...

Congratulations on the news for book 3 and 4! That is so exciting.

YAY for the iphone 4! Aren't they fun!! My hubs surprised me with one and I love it.

Good luck with all the writing!!

Heather said...

Congrats on books 3 & 4! We forgive your absence as long as it means we'll be showered with your brilliant books!

Anonymous said...

i really can not wait for the 3rd book!!! please publish them fast cause im running out of books to read in the meantime :) love our work! -jenny

Myrna Foster said...

I'm waiting for my husband to finish Spells so that I can read it. :o)

Congrats on the good stuff!

Mary E Campbell said...

I'm giving away a hardback copy of Spells on my blog if you'd like to let your fans know.

Unknown said...

I got an MS request from my agent of choice.

More importantly, I got a girlfriend :-D

Anonymous said...

Please please publish the third book soon!!! The suspense is killing me! Tyhank you for your awsome reading material, you rock. Can't wait to read some more!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your books :) They are awesome. The suspense is killing me too! Can't wait to hear more about your character Tamani :)

Alyssa said...

I finished Spells last night and Wings the night before! They were so good I couldn't put them down!!! You're such a wonderful author I <3 you're books so much!! Is there a date when Book 3 is supposed to come out? If there is please blog about it soon!!!!

btw, congrats on getting both books onto the kindle!!! It's hard enough to get just on on there!

Portuguesinha said...

Hello!

I've just read your book "Wings" and became enchanted by it. I just whanted to tell you this.

It's refreshing, although it's a theme so many explore to exaustion.

I'm portuguese, a country you probably never eard(?) before and I have read it translated to my language, of course (well translated). The title, when translated to english is "The kiss of the Elf" (Probably there're too much wings here). "The fairy exchange" would be accurate too. The cover is beautifull,with much more meaning. I like your photo, because I imidiately projected it to the story and I almost can see a bit of you (and your dreams) in all the characters. Laurel blue eyes and blond hair, Chelse honesty, David's perfect conduct and so on... the flower, just like descrived when Chelse and Laurel take a walk, is "the" touch!.

Very nice! Congratulations.

(PS: I'm sorry for the mistakes)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm happy that at least someone has had an eventful (so-far) summer. And congratulations on the 4 weeks, by the way.

Annie Boucher said...

i finish Spells book (Sortilèges, in french) since few minutes and i go immediately on the net to see what's next...i'm so excited.I think and i swear for you and for readers, the Laurel's series was the next TWILGHT MAGNIA.Thank's for your imagination and your passion.Sorry for my english!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We don't mind limited blogging while you focus on your books. I got an iphone4 as well and I love mine. =) In fact I'm commenting from it right now.

aLy said...

Hi Aprilynne,
I just wanted to let you know that I've never really enjoyed fantasy books until my colleague passed a copy of wings to me one day to contribute to a book review. I immediately got hold of Spells after that. Your books are a very easy-read, and engaging from cover to cover! I can't wait to get my hands on your third book. :)
Alycia Lim,
Journalist, Malaysia.
alycia.lim@gmail.com

ChristyLou said...

I just finished Spells and can't wait for the next book! You sure hooked me with that last segment of the book. I personally am very glad that you are focusing on writing books instead of blogging...keep 'em coming!